The National Bank of Pakistan has invited applications for the Student Loan Scheme to give interest-free loans to talented students.
It is pertinent to state that the Student Loan Scheme was launched in 2001. Major banks in the country have been giving interest-free financial assistance to students facing financial constraints in pursuing education.
Areas of focus
- Biology, molecular biology, and genetics
- Oil gas and petro-chemical technology
- Other natural sciences
- Computer science, information systems, and information technology
- DAWA and Islamic jurisprudence (LLB/LLM Sharia)
- Business management sciences
- Economics, statistics, and econometrics
Students going for graduation, post-graduation, and Ph.D. in the aforementioned areas of focus at public sector institutes across the country are eligible to apply.
Those pursuing graduation must be aged under 21 years while getting admission, post-graduation under 31 years, and Ph.D. under 36 years.
The students must have secured at least 70% marks in the last examination.
Read Also | 6 things to know before starting your business
- Two attested photographs.
- Copy of income certificate attested by the department in case of a government employee or by union council in case of a private employee.
- Attested copies of the fee challan issued by the institute.
- Attested copies of CNIC of applicants and parents.
- Attested copies of the domicile.
- Attested copies of academic certificates including the last exam transcript.
- Original certificate issued by Head of Institute having the date of admission and completion date of the study program.
- Four un-stamped self-addressed envelopes with permanent addresses.
How to apply?
Eligible students can opt for the loan program by filling out the application form available on NBP’s website. They are needed to submit the form along with needed documents at the designated NBP branches.
The last date for applying for the NBP Loan Program is 29 July 2022.